Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No IPv6 traffic through 2960

• karlprust
  • Topic Author
More
05 Sep 2017 11:03 #1 by karlprust
No IPv6 traffic through 2960 was created by karlprust
Hi,
I am currently banging my head against the wall.
We have setup a Vigor 2960 firewall, all IPv4 is working perfectly no issues at all.

When we move to get IPv6 setup (the reason this firewall was brought) we can't get anything through the firewall at all from either LAN to WAN or WAN to LAN.
To make things simple we put it in a lab environment and have just one machine connected to the LAN.
The WAN side has had a static IPv6 assigned to it and the next number up on the LAN side with the connected machine again with the next number up.

From the diags page we can IPv6 ping both the WAN port and the Gateway and any other IPv6 address on the internet (google ext) and get a reply as one would expect. We can also ping the LAN IP address and also the Machine that is on the LAN again using v6

From the LAN machine I can v6 ping the 2960's LAN address but nothing past that, not the WAN, or any other v6 address, a v6 tracert fails at first hop.
This is the same for HTTP and HTTPS.
I have had a play with the rules and even set a rule to allow any traffic from internet to machine and machine to internet as a temp to see if it was a rule playing up.

I am new to IPv6 so may well have made a fundamental mistake, or maybe just an issue between the chair and the keyboard but I am stumped, any help would be great.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.