DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DNS Issue

More
07 Sep 2017 10:08 #7 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: DNS Issue
Daft question, since you are sending your DNS requests via the 2860, you have set the DNS settings within the 2860 to point at Virgin DNS servers?

I use a 2860 with Virgin SH3 in modem mode with no issues but I set the DNS entries within the DHCP setup on the 2860 to Virgins DNS, therefore bypassing the 2860 DNS and it works fine.

Neil..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steveyg_uk
  • Topic Author
More
07 Sep 2017 10:42 #8 by steveyg_uk
Replied by steveyg_uk on topic Re: DNS Issue

mbames wrote: Well that is a tad strange, everything looks to be in order. I does a ping or tracert to http://www.bbc.co.uk work?

Can you confirm that all windows based internet applications don't work? ie. IE, Chrome, FileZilla, etc, and that it is across a variety of wifi devices - laptops, tablets, phones, etc.

Correct doesn't work from any WIFI device albeit, laptop, tablet, phone.

• steveyg_uk
  • Topic Author
More
07 Sep 2017 10:42 #9 by steveyg_uk
Replied by steveyg_uk on topic Re: DNS Issue

g6ifs wrote: Daft question, since you are sending your DNS requests via the 2860, you have set the DNS settings within the 2860 to point at Virgin DNS servers?

I use a 2860 with Virgin SH3 in modem mode with no issues but I set the DNS entries within the DHCP setup on the 2860 to Virgins DNS, therefore bypassing the 2860 DNS and it works fine.

Neil..

Correct - have configured VM DNS within the WAN settings on 2860.

More
07 Sep 2017 11:58 #10 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: DNS Issue

steveyg_uk wrote:

g6ifs wrote: Daft question, since you are sending your DNS requests via the 2860, you have set the DNS settings within the 2860 to point at Virgin DNS servers?

Neil..

Correct - have configured VM DNS within the WAN settings on 2860.

How about configuring VMs DNS servers within your LAN DHCP settings, rather than pushing out 192.168.0.254. That might help to indicate if the 2860 is somehow blocking DNS requests from its wifi side (which would be odd as nslookup works). I have my 2925 configured to push out Google DNS servers to my client machines this bypassing the DNS part of the 2925.

Moderators: Sami