IPv4 Internet Access - Dashboard Info - Vigor 130

• pc pilot
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Sep 2017 15:15 #1 by pc pilot
Hi everybody,

I have recently setup a Vigor 130 but have encountered a couple of minor issues neither of which appears to impede usage as everything functions well on my VDSL connection.

However, there are two items on the Dashboard which I would like advice upon:

1. In the "System Information" Section the Current Time shows as 2000 Jan 1 Sat 15:42:18 and I can see no means of updating it?

2. In the "IPv4 Internet Access" Section the "WAN1" is reported in RED type VDSL/PPPoE (Line/Mode) Disconnected (IP Address) 00-1D-AA-8D-38-79 (MAC Address) and 00:00:00 (Up Time)

3. The Vigor 130 also reports that "User Mode is off now" in RED type....I can find no reference as to what that is, whether that should be on or off and whether it has an effect on 1. or 2. above ?

Can anybody explain these anomaly's and how they might be rectified....

Thanks in advance

PC Pilot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
08 Sep 2017 19:31 #2 by adrianh54
Those are all perfectly normal.

The UK Vigor 130 is essentially a plug and play modem. Out of the box it functions in pass through mode and needs no setting up in most cases.

You can set it into bridge mode if you use streaming TV etc.

You can't adjust date / time , the IPV4 entry you see is correct as you are using LAN1 , you'll see that lower down.

There are images on the Draytek UK site , don't take any notice of anything you see on Google , Draytek have a Vigor 130 router available elsewhere , it is a different beast and the images don't apply here.

• smf22
  • User
  • User
More
13 Sep 2017 12:58 #3 by smf22
I have to say it was things like this that annoyed me about the UK variant of the Vigor130. Draytek seem to have messed around with it so much and removed any useful functionality. I couldn't even easily find a way to figure out simple things like knowing how long the DSL line has been up. Not in the GUI, not from the CLI. In the end I did it by calculating the difference between the "System Uptime" (from CLI show status) and the time of the last DSL sync (from CLI sys diag_log log).

I get the fact it's supposed to be plug and play, but 'dumbing down' so much is a real pain when things are not working as expected.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
13 Sep 2017 18:17 #4 by adrianh54
Your router is where you should find ADSL up time.

I see all connect/disconnect info in my router log.

• smf22
  • User
  • User
More
14 Sep 2017 08:40 #5 by smf22
The router will give you the uptime of the PPPoE session between it and the ISP BRAS which is not the the same as the uptime on the xDSL. For example, if I reload/power cycle the router the PPPoE session gets reset, but the xDSL connection between the modem and the DSLAM is not.