Draytek 2830Vn two WAN connections

• techcareict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Sep 2017 18:30 #1 by techcareict
Draytek 2830Vn two WAN connections was created by techcareict
ok this is just an idea I had and probably isnt feasible with the 2830 but I would be interested to know if it is feasible with another Draytek router possibly with 2x RJ45 WAN ports such as the 2925 or 3220?

I have a 2830Vn with Internet WAN connection provided to WAN2 via a VDSL modem, I also have 3G modem for failover and i'm not using the ADSL port or WiFi. this is the business service serving my business offices LAN.

I also have access to a Virgin Home fibre service via a Virgin Hub3.0 that is used at my adjacent property, is there any way I can include this connection in my NAT pool and load balance it with the business's FTTC connection for increased bandwidth and download speed?
I need to keep the Virgin hub in router mode so would have to double NAT and connect the draytek WAN port to the LAN of the Virgin hub and use a DHCP IP as the WAN IP - may be a stupid question but can this be achieved by connecting the WAN port of the draytek to a mini Ethernet switch and then connecting both the FTTC VDSL modem and a feed from the Virgin Hub LAN to the mini switch, then configuring IP alias for the Virgin IP so it can be accessed via WAN2 of the 2830 and use open ports /routing to route traffic to the Virgin connection - I realise this idea will not truly bond or load balance the 2 internet connections but if it will work at least I can utilize the virgin connection on my office LAN for the increased download speeds.

that said what I would really like is to combine the FTTC and Virgin internet connections for increased downstream bandwidth.

I welcome all suggestions and crazy ideas to help achieve my goal!!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.