Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IP issues with a client that is set up as bind to IP

• martyn.heath
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 Sep 2017 14:56 #1 by martyn.heath
I have a Vigor 2925 in an office. All of the clients IP addresses have been set up in the Bind IP to Mac section under LAN. This works well with all of the devices except one. From time to time the user will complain to me that he loses internet connection. The device connects to the network without internet access. When running IPCONFIG there are usually no settings, an APIPA address, or just the gateway IP. These will interchange regularly. If I unbind the device and switch the DHCP server on it connects fine. The IP address that I am using doesn't have any conflicts.
Does anyony have any ideas how to resolve this as I would prefer not to have DHCP switched on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
25 Sep 2017 16:36 #2 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: IP issues with a client that is set up as bind to IP
That's strange, I don't get this issue.

How long untithis happens? Extend the lease timeout to slow the allocation timeout, and see if this at least slows this down.

What firware version are you running?

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
27 Sep 2017 22:31 #3 by mbames
my 2925 doesn't do this, least not that I am aware.

Does the user boot up his machine daily? First, last or in the middle of everyone else? I am guessing there is no AD/domain involved. Does the event log give any DHCP related clues?

Could someone have cloned his mac address? Have you check the router to see if his IP address has been dished out to another device when he is reporting no internet?