DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Accessing Vigor 130 GUI from Vigor router LAN

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jun 2018 08:37 #7 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI from Vigor router LAN
Interesting, I am using a 2925ac + 130 on Zen fttc and it works fine. A quick Google indicates Vodafone uses a VLAN tag of 101 - i.e. the same as Zen/BT so it seems as though it should work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jun 2018 11:11 #8 by mbames

Piste Basher wrote: Interesting, I am using a 2925ac + 130 on Zen fttc and it works fine. A quick Google indicates Vodafone uses a VLAN tag of 101 - i.e. the same as Zen/BT so it seems as though it should work.

I'll have to to give another go at somepoint, the config was a bit rushed. My googling suggested the same vlan tag of 101

I already seemed to have bridging enabled in the 130, so just had to enable the vlan section. The 130 wasn't on the latest firmware, but I have since upgraded to 3.8.2 (from 3.8.0, iirc), sure the 2925 is running the latest.

More
27 Apr 2019 17:15 #9 by barneymcgrew
Replied by barneymcgrew on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI from Vigor router LAN
Hello
I realise this thread is quite old but it refers to exactly what I want to do.
I tried to follow the steps in the associated post (link) but to no avail.
In fact, I now have a situation where having restored the previous working settings, I cannot get a connection that will receive internet traffic. I've had to bring the ISPs default "Home Hub" offering into play (hopefully temporarily) in order to get back on-line.

The Vigor 130 screens shown in the tutorial look the same as mine. However, my 2830 router does not seem to have the same screens / facilities as shown in the tutorial. Are there any variants of this tutorial anywhere?

Here's what I have:
Vigor 130 + Vigor 2830vnPlus. Both have the latest UK firmware versions.
My current ISP is NowTV. I have their Super Fibre package. When it switched over from Talktalk Faster Fibre, I didn't have to do anything. It just switched over and worked with all the same settings. So, whatever has happened is as a result of altering settings as per the tutorial and then restoring them when it didn't work.

So, two things really.
Firstly, I need to get my Vigor equipment up and running again and secondly, I'd like to have the ability to view the V130 from my LAN if I can find instructions that work for my set up.

Any help, advice or pointers would be gratefully received :)
Thanks.

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2019 18:04 #10 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI from Vigor router LAN
I don't know anything about Now TV other than it appears to be Sky under a different name.

When you say "it just worked" when you switched from TalkTalk what bit of it "just worked"? Were you using the 130 or their supplied router? Surely you must have had to input a new username and password somewhere, and maybe other settings?

It seems that Sky/Now settings can be a bit of a mare. Maybe the later posts in this thread will be of use

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-and-Billing-Broadband/username-and-password-for-vdsl-settings-third-party-router/td-p/466501

If the 130 was working with Now before you changed anything then re-setting it to default and making sure the settings in the 2830 are correct should work?

The main use for accessing the 130 GUI that I have is very occasionally updating the firmware. If you don't really need it and can get everything working without it is it really worth the effort? Does the 2830 display the up and down speeds from the 130 as do 2860 etc?

More
29 Apr 2019 09:53 #11 by barneymcgrew
Replied by barneymcgrew on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI from Vigor router LAN
Thanks for the response.
Yes, strange as it sounds, when the service switch over occured, everything just kept on working. No down time (that I noticed). I did nothing at all. The old Talktalk settings worked (see below).
The Sky / NowTV Hub Two boxes are pretty much the same, as you may expect.
As long as any alternative set up supplies an Option 61 string of some sort (in my case the existing TT string was fine) then you don't really need anything else. The need for an Option 60 string is no longer necessary. The Sky / NowTV broadband services are not fussy about the exact content of the Op61 string. Of course, they won't offer any support or help.
Btw - the main reason I wanted to get my Draytek set up back in place a.s.a.p. was because the supplied NowTV NR801 hub leaves ports open all over the place, the most worrying of which are 80 and 443. There's no way that I found to stealth or even close them.
Anyway, that part of my problem has now been solved by doing a complete Draytek reset, hardware and software, then setting things up again.

My 2830 is a Version 1 and does not have the ability to display the V130 stats. I believe that the 2830 version 2 does have that ability.
Anyway, I have decided that indeed it is not worth the effort and will carry on managing my set up as I always have done, watching for firmware updates and doing those manually as necessary.
Thanks again.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jan 2021 16:11 #12 by hornbyp
The original link in this thread no longer works. It is now: https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5212