Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Authorization Error on 2860

• geroi
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2017 08:50 #1 by geroi
Authorization Error on 2860 was created by geroi
Hi,

Suddenly one of our 2860 routers started showing intermittent Authorization Error - both from LAN and WAN side.

https://imgur.com/S7BHc11

Rebooting router has to be done via telnet as the web page gives out the error. After reboot - no difference.
We've tried Firefox v55.0.3 in private mode, Chrome v61 in Private mode and the error is still there.
Firmware 3.8.2.3_BT

Has anyone seen this before ? We are running out of options here :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
04 Oct 2017 11:55 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Authorization Error on 2860

geroi wrote: Firmware 3.8.2.3_BT

Draytek released firmware (3.8.4.2) on 19/12/16, described as "Critical - Upgrade recommended immediately" so it might be wise to upgrade, before investigating further. Along with a security fix, it claims to fix issues with the "WUI" (Web User Interface?).

There have been several other firmware releases since then.

• geroi
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2017 11:59 #3 by geroi
Replied by geroi on topic Re: Authorization Error on 2860
Thanks, noticed the firmware as well. I'll try it tonight if the UI allows me to upload it in the first place :(

Also, does anyone know if Draytek's UK newsletters work at all ?
I keep subscribing myself to it - but they don't send any routine notifications about firmware updates. I have heaps of APs 910c and 902 and their latest firmware has a glitch - so I desperately waiting for new one and by they looks I need to check the website every week as the newsletter doesn't exists.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
04 Oct 2017 12:19 #4 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Authorization Error on 2860
FWIW, I did receive a email from "Draytek News" re: the Security Issue on 30/1/17 - there is an 'online' version, but my link is personalised and contains my email address :roll:
Also, see here: Vigor 2860 Firmware Release V3.8.5 (somewhat secretive, and not quite Production Quality in some respects...)

• darchorz
  • User
  • User
More
05 Oct 2017 10:57 #5 by darchorz
Replied by darchorz on topic Re: Authorization Error on 2860

geroi wrote: I have heaps of APs 910c and 902 and their latest firmware has a glitch - so I desperately waiting for new one and by they looks I need to check the website every week as the newsletter doesn't exists.

Hi Geroi,

Could you tell me what glitch is with the latest firmware for AP 910c? I am planning to buy few of these APs and I'd like to know what the issues are. Could you tell me how they behave in the real world?

Thanks,
Darek

• geroi
  • Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2017 12:11 #6 by geroi
Replied by geroi on topic Re: Authorization Error on 2860
Latest two firmwares 1.2.1. & 1.2.2 block communication between clients connected to the same AP and same SSID on 2 & 5GHZ. In my case it created a major hassle and we had to revert back to 1.2.0. I saw it on another thread on this forum that this has been identified and will be fixed in next firmware release. If you need anything else give me a shout on geroi (at) tlen dot pl :D

BTW - this is the link https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21797

darchorz wrote:

geroi wrote: I have heaps of APs 910c and 902 and their latest firmware has a glitch - so I desperately waiting for new one and by they looks I need to check the website every week as the newsletter doesn't exists.

Hi Geroi,

Could you tell me what glitch is with the latest firmware for AP 910c? I am planning to buy few of these APs and I'd like to know what the issues are. Could you tell me how they behave in the real world?

Thanks,
Darek