Vigor2925 routing

• afterdark
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
30 Oct 2017 09:24 #1 by afterdark
Vigor2925 routing was created by afterdark
I have just set up VPN access using the Draytek Smart VPN Client and it works fine with access to the work network.

However, in addition to the main Draytek router used for browsing, email etc, there is another router which is dedicated for use with a bespoke management program, and all requests MUST use this router. A static route has been set up in the Draytek so that requests to the public IP address of the management program database are directed to the correct router.

My question concerns an external computer, with the management system installed, connecting to the work network the using the VPN client. Clearly routing works fine from inside the work network but is it possible for the Draytek to route management system requests to the correct router from outside the network, as is the case when using the VPN? Currently it does not.

However, the only change I have made so far to the Draytek is to add a Remote Dial-In User. What I don't want to do is try and configure it to do something that cannot be done. Can anyone confirm if it can be done and if so, the general principal of what needs to be done? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.