Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2 Interfaces in the same VLAN tagged & untagged

• karlramsden
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Oct 2017 11:31 #1 by karlramsden
Can't figure out how to achieve this, New to DrayTek and using a Vigor 2925, hoping I'm missing something. I've got a number of VLANs tagged on a port which is connected to a WiFi controller working fine. I also have a device (printer) connected to another port on the firewall which needs to be in one of those VLANs but untagged as the printer does not support tagging.

I can only see how to elect to put this port in a different untagged VLAN, but in the same LAN, but the VLANs are segregated so the users on the tagged VLAN don't see the printer on the Untagged VLAN despite them being on the same LAN.

I am at the limit of the number of LANs I can use, so i cannot create another LAN for this device for the users to route to this device.

I realise i could use a switch to plug the printer into and untag the traffic on that, but because this VLAN is dirty internet I don't want this on the same switches as internal traffic and would definitely prefer to not have a separate switch just to achieve plugging a printer in.

Any Ideas? Hoping that I'm missing something here because it seems like this should be do-able.

Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
30 Oct 2017 23:32 #2 by hornbyp
If you're missing something, I'm missing it too :( ... my experiments gave similar results to yours.

These two Draytek Web Pages imply that to do anything fancier, requires the addition of a suitable switch...

https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-connectivity/connectivity.lan/how-to-setup-multi-subnet-with-tag-based-vlan/

https://www.draytek.com/en/knowledge/case-study/2016/03/30/vlan-application-on-vigor-router/

(If your printer happens to be Wifi-enabled, you could attach to a tagged-vlan that way).

• karlramsden
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2017 14:53 #3 by karlramsden
Replied by karlramsden on topic Re: 2 Interfaces in the same VLAN tagged & untagged
Thanks hornbyp, appreciate it, I'll figure something out, was just making sure I wasn't being daft.