DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Missing Central Management function

• pannarrans
  • Topic Author
More
19 Nov 2017 14:36 #1 by pannarrans
Missing Central Management function was created by pannarrans
I have a 2860ln router with the latest firmware as of today. I can see Switch / VPN / External devices under the Central Management section at the bottom of the left hand side menu.
What I can't see is AP - Access Point. Having bought an AP902 access point and connected it to the back of the router I still don't see the section which means I can't fully integrate it as planned.

I can add the 902 to the external devices section, but I should be seeing a whole submenu section.
I've set up the 902 as well, but nothing showing.

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-ap-management-setup?#central-ap-management-features

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2017 15:36 #2 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: Missing Central Management function
I used a 2960 at work with a couple of AP910C so not quite the same but what I've noticed may help to set them up.
I have noticed that it can take a little while for a new one to appear. I normally plug them in and come back the next day and they are there on the status screen.
I assume the 902 is working normally otherwise but just not appearing? Also ensure that "Enable AP Management" is ticked in the 902. I think it is off by default.
I will admit I've never used "Auto-provisoning" though, only use the 2960 to monitor the AP's

• pannarrans
  • Topic Author
More
19 Nov 2017 22:06 #3 by pannarrans
Replied by pannarrans on topic Re: Missing Central Management function
Thanks, it's not that the AP doesn't appear in the configuration screens, but more that I don't have the configuration screens. I've checked the compatibility and it should definitely be there. I might try a factory default of the router next to see whether it appears.

I'll give it a day to see if they appear. I have my Wireless Lan disabled on my router (as it's an n' network) so am wondering if I enable that as well.

More
20 Nov 2017 09:08 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Missing Central Management function
Check under [System Maintenance] > [Management], there's an option in the lower right with later firmware versions to enable / disable AP Management - turning it off will behave as you've initially described.

Forum Administrator