Hotspot Web Portal setup

• nmcgowan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Nov 2017 12:55 #1 by nmcgowan
Hotspot Web Portal setup was created by nmcgowan
I am setting up a Hotspot Web Portal for our guest WIFI users, however have a small issue. I am using the click Through option however the T&C section which is a link and can be clicked to view before Accepting is only 170 characters. How can I publish our full T&Cs which is a lot more in depth than 170 chars.

I would put a link on the web to our T&C's however the web is not accesible until the Accept button is clicked. Users may not want to accept until reading the T&C's.

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2017 09:25 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Hotspot Web Portal setup
Which router? With the 3.8.5 and later firmware you can set up a whitelist for websites that are allowed through without the portal login, which makes it possible to / load T&Cs from a site in the whitelist.
I agree that the T&Cs should be longer though, I believe that has been requested.

Forum Administrator

• nmcgowan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Nov 2017 10:45 #3 by nmcgowan
Replied by nmcgowan on topic Re: Hotspot Web Portal setup
Draytek 2860n.

I recently upgraded to 3.8.5.1 which allows the whitelisting of domains however the T&Cs link still does not open, just reverts to the Acceptance page. I whitelisted domain both with a without www just incase, same issue

More
05 Dec 2017 10:01 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Hotspot Web Portal setup

nmcgowan wrote: Draytek 2860n.

I recently upgraded to 3.8.5.1 which allows the whitelisting of domains however the T&Cs link still does not open, just reverts to the Acceptance page. I whitelisted domain both with a without www just incase, same issue

That's odd, it could be useful to look at the router's syslog output, which should show what's being accessed and whether it's being whitelisted correctly or not.
Beyond that, it would be worth contacting support to see if they can assist.

Forum Administrator

• nmcgowan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Dec 2017 11:00 #5 by nmcgowan
Replied by nmcgowan on topic Re: Hotspot Web Portal setup
I used the destination ip rather than the domain and it worked fine, Thanks for your advice