Sky Fibre Setting up IPV6 with Draytek Router

• oakserver
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Dec 2017 22:25 #1 by oakserver
Hi,

I'm trying to set up IPV6 with Sky Fibre on my 2862. IP4 is working fine.

I've established that IPV6 setting cannot be set to PPP (which works on BT) as Sky is not PPPoE. So which option should I choose?

Is it DHCPV6? In which case the settings I were using (default) didnt enable IPV6.

Does any body have any guidance on this please?

Thanks.
Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oakserver
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Dec 2017 11:04 #2 by oakserver
OK, so I managed to IPV6 working with Sky Fibre and my Draytek 2862n after quite a lot of trial an error I managed to follow the following steps to enable ipv6.

Some of these steps seem a bit illogical, but do them anyway because it is part of the process I followed to enable it.

1) Click on Wan / Internet Access / IPv6 on Wan1
2) Change connection type to DHCPv6 Client
3) Change the number in IAID to 0 (zero)
4) Authentication Protocol : None
5) Wan Connection Detection : Always On
6) Ensure RIP is off and Bridge Mode Off.
7) On the WAN / Internet Access / Details Page for WAN1 I chose 'Specify a MAC Address' and copied the MAC Address from the Sky router's label. I'm not sure if this is necessary though so you might want to try without this.

Click OK, go back into the same screen and you should see that the IAID has been replaced with a number. Goodness knows where that number appears from from but it is an important step.

Check the dashboard to see if you now have an IPv6 address. If not go for a reboot.

Hope that helps.

Mike.

More
15 Dec 2017 07:04 #3 by aimdev
Tried this on sky's adsl2 service, no luck, will persevere

Re the mac address on the back of the box, SR102 , I believe that this is the
wifi mac address as it differs from the broadband mac address found in the routers
status page.

Suffice to say neither worked for me.

Re the IAID, mine had a number in it, set it to zero, but after completing the instructions it stayed at zero.

• oakserver
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Dec 2017 21:05 #4 by oakserver

aimdev wrote: Tried this on sky's adsl2 service, no luck, will persevere

Re the mac address on the back of the box, SR102 , I believe that this is the
wifi mac address as it differs from the broadband mac address found in the routers
status page.

Suffice to say neither worked for me.

Re the IAID, mine had a number in it, set it to zero, but after completing the instructions it stayed at zero.

I wonder if that is because its ADSL rather than VDSL - i'm not sure that would make much difference though.

I'm also not sure where the IAID number comes from. It seemed to magically generate a new number after I had zero'd it out. It was at that point that point the router obtained an IP Address.

I am assuming you are using the Draytek connected directly to the phone line rather than through still using the SR102 as the modem

More
21 Dec 2017 19:30 #5 by aimdev
Hi

yes, I did get some success using static ip addresses, with the data from the sr102, but not dhcp.
will persevere when network down time approved by the boss :)

Thanks

More
10 Aug 2018 12:58 #6 by dbames

oakserver wrote: OK, so I managed to IPV6 working with Sky Fibre and my Draytek 2862n after quite a lot of trial an error I managed to follow the following steps to enable ipv6.

3) Change the number in IAID to 0 (zero)
7) On the WAN / Internet Access / Details Page for WAN1 I chose 'Specify a MAC Address' and copied the MAC Address from the Sky router's label. I'm not sure if this is necessary though so you might want to try without this.

I didn't have to bother with steps 3 or 7 on my 2860.