• lilbuddy1989
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Dec 2017 18:24 #1 by lilbuddy1989
vigor130- connected to asus rupture was created by lilbuddy1989
hey guys and girls

I have an asus rupture router currently connected to my sky hub. it works ok but I'm occasionally getting "double nat" and it kills the internet for a few seconds.

Ive brought an vigor 130 to replace the sky hub, ive extracted the pppoe username and password from the hub.

when i plug my vigor in place of the hub, i cant seem to get any internet. my vigor home page doesnt have anywhere to input the
pppoe username and password, although ive seen a few vids on the net where people do have that option? i have the latest firmware
and now im at a loose end. not sure where to go from here.

I have read that the vigor does not need these inputs, its the router that needs it. saying that, when I enter the ppp password and username and select pppoe setting, I just get invalid password returned to me.

any help and advice would be truely amazing!
thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
18 Dec 2017 22:11 #2 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: vigor130- connected to asus rupture
I found that cloning the MAC address of the Sky routers wan port to that of the 130 helped too. Assume you are only LLU, and not fibre?

Normally you would let the router establish the authenticated session, and leave the 130 in the standard config (the name of that escapes me currently).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.