• jadurkin
  • Topic Author
More
18 Dec 2017 20:47 #1 by jadurkin
AP setup was created by jadurkin
Hi
I’m looking for a bit of help
Router is 2862
I’m in the process of installing 9 AP’s (910C and a 902) two of which are now working, each one will have its own wire from a couple of Vigor Switch P1100 POE.
In the 910C’s I’ve set Operation Mode to AP so they all have a SSID and a PW.
Question is is it possible to set all the AP’s using one SSID and one PW so that when your moving around the building it moves from AP to AP without keep putting a PW from each of them??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
18 Dec 2017 21:53 #2 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: AP setup
use the AP profile manager in the 2862 (it is close to the bottom of the menu)

You can configure your wireless profile(s) for 2.4 and 5 and then push out to all the authorised APs pretty much with a single button click. I'm running a similar config, but with my 2925 as the controller - managing AP910c via a Netgear ProSafe 24 poe switch.

• jadurkin
  • Topic Author
More
22 Dec 2017 19:34 #3 by jadurkin
Replied by jadurkin on topic Re: AP setup

mbames wrote: use the AP profile manager in the 2862 (it is close to the bottom of the menu)

You can configure your wireless profile(s) for 2.4 and 5 and then push out to all the authorised APs pretty much with a single button click. I'm running a similar config, but with my 2925 as the controller - managing AP910c via a Netgear ProSafe 24 poe switch.

Thank you

More
23 Dec 2017 09:10 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: AP setup
But the simple answer to your question is that you can run the same SSID and password on all the APs. How successful clients are in moving from one to the other is another matter..