Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Allow conditional Bind IP to MAC based upon network entry po

• silverstreak_2006
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Dec 2017 10:22 #1 by silverstreak_2006
Can somebody confirm exactly what this means please?

"Allow conditional Bind IP to MAC based upon network entry point"

Does this mean that if you connect to another LAN it will assign an available address, as opposed to no address?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
21 Dec 2017 12:56 #2 by hornbyp
I take it you're referring to the 'Improvement' noted in the 2860 3.8.5.3 Release Notes?

I was hoping it might mean an end to receiving an inappropriate IP addresses, when connecting via a different SSID for example...
...however, I can't spot anything different in either the Web GUI or Telnet interfaces, so who knows? :?:

• silverstreak_2006
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Dec 2017 18:03 #3 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Allow conditional Bind IP to MAC based upon network entr
Hornbyp

Yes, that's is it, I know longer get a generic OS assigned ip address after a prolonged wait, however, I am on an external AP.

I take it that it does not work on the internal wifi then?

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
21 Dec 2017 22:34 #4 by hornbyp

silverstreak_2006 wrote: Hornbyp

Yes, that's is it, I know longer get a generic OS assigned ip address after a prolonged wait, however, I am on an external AP.

I take it that it does not work on the internal wifi then?

My perceived problem was in trying to test my "Visitor Wifi" SSID, using my phone that has a bind2mac ip on the 'main' LAN. I could have sworn that it used to be always issued with that same IP address, regardless of SSID used...
...however, although it's "fixed" in 3.8.5.3, it's also fixed in 3.8.5.2 (having reverted temporarily). So either this issue was fixed long ago, or it's an imaginary problem, that I never actually had :roll:

So, going back to your original question: I haven't a clue what this new feature is :)

• silverstreak_2006
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Dec 2017 06:56 #5 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Allow conditional Bind IP to MAC based upon network entr
Hornbyp

Thanks for the verification, perhaps for some ranges, there were issues maybe?