Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2960 not getting all the download speed

• ccarmock
  • User
  • User
More
27 Dec 2017 20:28 #7 by ccarmock
Replied by ccarmock on topic Re: 2960 not getting all the download speed
the 2960 does not have a VDSL interface - it's an Ethernet to Ethernet router. The original question was about an FTTP connection - so he will be using a service provider ONT to deliver the service to him via Ethernet.

Firstly the 2960 is very capable of handling in excess of 300 MB/s traffic. I am using one with a Virgin Media Business service and getting 360 MB/s+ through it.

Things I would check on the 2960 - on the Online Status page - check CPU usage, if this is too high you might have some processes running consuming CPU
The 2960 has two WAN interfaces - I suggest disable the one you are not using for your FTTP service.

I would check you do not have any overly complex firewall setup that could cause performance issues.

I assume you've tried the obvious like trying different Ethernet cables WAN & LAN side?

Under Firewall -> DoS Defense check that rate limit is -1 (is disabled) for all ports

Under Bandwidth Management check that QoS is disabled for all interfaces, and check under all four sub-options that bandwidth limits are not enabled.

If all else fails - maybe factory reset the 2960 and setup the minimum config needed - ie a LAN IP address, a WAN connection and try from there.

The 2960 is a great router, I am sure this will get resolved, and will help here if I can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• visionmill
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Dec 2017 10:35 #8 by visionmill
Replied by visionmill on topic Re: 2960 not getting all the download speed
Hi ccarmock

Thanks for the list of things to try.

I’ve tried just enabling one WAN. Ive also checked the Dos is all set to -1 and no QoS is enabled.

In the firewall i have an IP group of 5 entries which are allowed access through. Everything else is set to deny. CPU usage is at 1%. Beyond that nothing has been set up as its a completely new unit.

I’m the only one connected to the unit and now am acheiving 110/30. Is there anything else you can think of? We have 2 x 330/30 lines and its the same across both.

Thanks

More
05 Jan 2018 21:58 #9 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: 2960 not getting all the download speed
Can the moden be put into bridge mode ???

• visionmill
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jan 2018 21:29 #10 by visionmill
Replied by visionmill on topic Re: 2960 not getting all the download speed
So it turns out that there is nothing wrong with the draytek, but the mac mini seems to have an issue with the network card. Now for my next quest - bonjour across vlans