Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT Infinity 2 Settings For A DrayTek Vigor 2850n Router

• coolsparx
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Dec 2017 16:51 #1 by coolsparx
My BT HomeHub 6 is dropping out on wired connections but not generally wireless & the light usually stays blue a power off & on usually sorts it. Customer services have done several tests & suspect a faulty BT HomeHub so are sending me a replacement.

In the meantime I want to connect my bombproof DrayTek Vigor 2850n VDSL2 router which used to work faultlessly with my previous ISP on the same fibre 2 line.

The router connects to the line ok, but doen't go any further so I have some of the WAN settings wrong like connection type, modulation etc.

BT can't help as they don't support 3rd party routers & DraTek can't help as the router itself is connected to the network ok.

Does anyone on here know what the WAN setting should be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2017 17:45 #2 by admin
DrayTek can certainly help. their FAQs cover this, or ask support....

Forum Administrator

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
29 Dec 2017 19:27 #3 by hornbyp

• coolsparx
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Dec 2017 20:06 #4 by coolsparx
I've managed to sort it by playing around with lots of settings, not sure which one(s) specifically worked but here are the ones I changed from factory defaults (it wasn't just the username & password):

Disable WAN2 & WAN3
Enable WAN 1, rename to BT infinity, set to VDSL only
Enable VLAN tag insertion (VDSL), set tag value to 101 & priority 0
Modem settings (for ADSL only) multi-PVC channel 1, VPI 0, VCI 38, encapsulating type VC MUX, protocol PPPoE, modulation G. DMT
WAN connection detection mode ARP detect, MTU 1442
Service name left blank, username bthomehub@btbroadband.com, password bthomehub@btbroadband.com