• razorblade6288
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jan 2018 11:41 #1 by razorblade6288
2860ac Multiple Issues was created by razorblade6288
Hi,

I've had a 2860ac unit since November 2016 with Sky Fibre and on the most part it’s been fabulous and stable compared with the provided Sky Hub.

However over the last 6 months or so, I've been experiencing a number of different issues which I believe are down to Firmware upgrades. The last stable and working Firmware for me I believe was 3.8.4.3_BT. I've just update and currently running the latest Firmware 3.8.5.1_BT.

The issues I've experienced and continue to experience are:

1). WiFi to ethernet adapter stopped working (unit Netgear WNCE3001). Playing around and testing indicates this is around the Bind IP to MAC table and settings. The MAC addresses of the adapter and ethernet device are in the table correctly, but no access allowed to the internet and 2860ac (except LAN devices e.g. can connect to a NAS on the LAN). Internet access etc. only works when Bind IP to Mac is disabled. Case has been raised for some time with DrayTek support, but no fix or issue identified, but works ok in DrayTek's testing with DrayTeks Access Points.

2). Exact same issue as above but with the Sky Wireless Booster.

3). Time and Date of 2860ac is not updating or keeping up to date, when set to Auto. I'm using VDSL port (WAN1). It only appears to update when "Send NTP Request Through" WAN2 is selected (an nothing is plugged in to WAN2). Again, case raised with DrayTek support and told to disable DoS Defence, which did work, but not a suitable fix and I can only test this when the 2860ac is rebooted and time is reset.

4). VDSL Down Stream line speed dropped significantly from approx. 25Mbps to approx. 12Mbps. BT Openreach engineers performed 2 separate visits and checks, no line issue and line resets. On the 2nd visit the 2860ac was deemed to be the issue since plugging in the test equipment before anything was done increased the line speeds to 20Mbps. I replace the 2860ac with my Sky Hub and had a stable connection for 2 months back at 25Mbps after the engineers visit. Over Christmas I reconnected my 2860ac setup and upgraded to the latest Firmware 3.8.5.1_BT, so I will wait and see if I experience these issues again.

5). Following updating to Firmware 3.8.5_BT, Mail Alert of Syslog files stored on the USB Disk are not getting emailed (new Syslogs are being generated on the USB Disk). Test emails works but no automatic emails have been received since reconnecting the 2860ac with version 3.8.5.1_BT.

6). Dashboard Current Time seems to skip forward a month. (I’ve seen this elsewhere in the forum, so I assume this is a known issue and reported).

Does anyone else have or had similar issues and know how to fix this? It appears that the Firmware is being pushed out without being tested properly.

Many thanks and sorry for the long post!

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jan 2018 12:37 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860ac Multiple Issues

RazorBlade6288 wrote: The last stable and working Firmware for me I believe was 3.8.4.3_BT. I've just update and currently running the latest Firmware 3.8.5.1_BT.

I can't offer any solutions, but the latest firmware version available is actually 3.8.5.3. It is available here: http://www.draytek.com.tw/ftp/Vigor2860/Firmware/v3.8.5.3/

• razorblade6288
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jan 2018 12:54 #3 by razorblade6288
Replied by razorblade6288 on topic Re: 2860ac Multiple Issues

I can't offer any solutions, but the latest firmware version available is actually 3.8.5.3. It is available here: http://www.draytek.com.tw/ftp/Vigor2860/Firmware/v3.8.5.3/

Thanks for the reply. I've never seen that site/link or version. I've been using:
https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-2860

and 3.8.5.1BT (576D17) is the latest with a Release Date 10/11/2017.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jan 2018 13:09 #4 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860ac Multiple Issues

RazorBlade6288 wrote: Thanks for the reply. I've never seen that site/link or version.

I'm not surprised...

I was alerted to it, in an email from Draytek's Marketing Dept., dated 21/12/17. I'm not sure what I did to start receiving these emails, but they seem to think I'm a distributor :lol:

More
03 Jan 2018 00:04 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860ac Multiple Issues

hornbyp wrote:

RazorBlade6288 wrote: Thanks for the reply. I've never seen that site/link or version.

I'm not surprised...

I was alerted to it, in an email from Draytek's Marketing Dept., dated 21/12/17. I'm not sure what I did to start receiving these emails, but they seem to think I'm a distributor :lol:

Which email did you receive ? I think that was just the normal user newsletter...

Forum Administrator

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jan 2018 14:36 #6 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: 2860ac Multiple Issues
3.8.6 is out now, and I am running that.