Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

G.INP? with Draytek firmware 3.8.5.3_VT4 or 3.8.6

• dazza1234
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jan 2018 23:27 #1 by dazza1234
I’m running a 2860 router. I want to know if people are getting G.INP from 3.8.6 firmware update and what version they have applied,my connection is stable on 3.8.5.3_VT4 but no G.INP is kicking in at all. I was with BT before and that was on the normal BT version of the firmware on the DrayTek then I switched to Zen Internet and couldn’t getting on the BT version anymore now I’ve upgraded firmware and switched the version to Version 4 and I still can’t get it, the router has been connected for h134:3min and no G.INP :( can you tell me what version firmware, router and what ISP your with so I can see if this is Zen Internet or my router that is the issue for not supporting it. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2018 05:50 #2 by adrianh54
G.INP may be enabled on your fibre cabinet but it only "turns on" if the DSLAM sees line issues (noise etc. ) and uses it to control the line.

G.INP is an advanced replacement for Interleaving , if your not seeing any G.INP/Interleaving values in your stats it just means the line is good not that it isn't working.

• dazza1234
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2018 08:44 #3 by dazza1234
Ok tha

AdrianH54 wrote: G.INP may be enabled on your fibre cabinet but it only "turns on" if the DSLAM sees line issues (noise etc. ) and uses it to control the line.

G.INP is an advanced replacement for Interleaving , if your not seeing any G.INP/Interleaving values in your stats it just means the line is good not that it isn't working.

Ok thanks not sure why it was on with BT then, but it does seem stable. Thanks

• oakserver
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jan 2018 12:19 #4 by oakserver

Dazza1234 wrote: Ok tha

AdrianH54 wrote: G.INP may be enabled on your fibre cabinet but it only "turns on" if the DSLAM sees line issues (noise etc. ) and uses it to control the line.

Ok thanks not sure why it was on with BT then, but it does seem stable. Thanks

I wonder if your switch to Zen triggered a DLM reset which would remove G.INP and any interleaving. You may find it turns itself back on over time depending on how many ES errors are occurring on your line.

• ccarmock
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jan 2018 23:23 #5 by ccarmock
I am running version 3.8.6 on a 2860ac on a Plusnet VDSL service. G.INP is active on the 2860 with this version.

• dazza1234
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Jan 2018 09:34 #6 by dazza1234
Yeah i spoke to my ISP and they said with it off offers more speed, But from there end they can't change it it's enabled at the cab and the cab decides if the signal is bad and then switches the G.INP on to help the signal stabilise. It's not come on my line so i'm happy and the line seems stable although i'm getting lots of night slowdown with Zen so think i have to bin them at the end of the contract