• tahayden
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jan 2018 12:10 #1 by tahayden
QoS Configuration using DSCP Tags was created by tahayden
Hi folks,

I'm trying to set up QoS in an attempt to make a VoIP service called CircleLoop usable. I have two pretty poor ADSL connections that each run at ~7,000Kbps / 900Kbps load-balanced by my Vigor 2860n+. The Network Settings config guide CircleLoop provide suggests prioritising traffic using a specific DSCP tag that their service attaches to its packets. (See Network Packet Prioritisation section.) It seems to me this would be the most elegant solution rather than going down the route of specifying priority for individual destination IP's but I cannot work out how to do this. Is anyone able to advise, please?

Warm regards,
-Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jan 2018 14:23 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: QoS Configuration using DSCP Tags
Not a topic I know anything about - but you've had no replies, so I'll try - I might provoke someone more knowledgeable into responding :)

I've noticed DSCP (DiffServ Code Point) mentioned in the Q.O.S. settings and wondered what it meant.

This page ( https://www.networkworld.com/article/2234016/cisco-subnet/the-qos-expedited-forwarding--ef--model.html ), implies that DSCP 46 and "EF" might be one and the same thing. I have seen "EF" (Expedited Forwarding?) as an option on the 2860 Q.O.S.

It seem like you'd need to add your VOIP as a Q.O.S. service, identified by traffic type & port.

• tahayden
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2018 09:42 #3 by tahayden
Replied by tahayden on topic Re: QoS Configuration using DSCP Tags
Spot on. Thank you! :-)

More
28 Jan 2018 23:03 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: QoS Configuration using DSCP Tags

hornbyp wrote: Not a topic I know anything about....so I'll try.....

TAHayden wrote: Spot on. Thank you!

Well, I'm impressed ! Fancy a go at Brexit ? :-)

Forum Administrator