NTP / Reboot Router / Bypass Schedules

• icornish
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2018 22:41 #1 by icornish
NTP / Reboot Router / Bypass Schedules was created by icornish
I've been scratching my head of late as to why when I get up in the morning my 2860ac has a time of Jan 1 2000...

I've since sussed out that my eldest teenager has discovered that if he power cycles the box, it resets the clock and he can then bypass all the filters and schedule settings, and thus do whatever he wants on the internet at whatever time of night/morning.

It seems that when the device is restarted, it does not get a time from either the local NTP server (on my LAN) or from any other source until I login to the console click "Inquire time" button.

Is this a bug/feature?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 11:03 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: NTP / Reboot Router / Bypass Schedules
That's not how it should work. Can you check the NTP settings and try setting the update interval to a lower value? If that doesn't fix it then make sure it's on the latest firmware and if it is and it's still happening, see if the support team can help.

Forum Administrator

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2018 11:17 #3 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: NTP / Reboot Router / Bypass Schedules
For such naughty behaviour I'd add in a maximum speed limit for his devices, so he gets slow, filtered internet access at night :lol:

• icornish
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2018 19:40 #4 by icornish
Replied by icornish on topic Re: NTP / Reboot Router / Bypass Schedules
@mbames has already limited, and I seem to have forgotten to change the default speed from k to m when setting the overnight filter.. Along with select all on the Csm filter.

As per support... have changed the time to 30secs, and we will see what happens.