Cannot load Mac->IP Bindings

• happychap
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Jan 2018 20:44 #1 by happychap
Cannot load Mac->IP Bindings was created by happychap
Hi, new to Draytek having upgraded to fibre and got a 2862ac to replace my ADSL only Billion.

I've a number of fixed DHCP reservations so have extracted those Mac->IP bindings fro the Billion and formated that file to match the format as is saved by the 2862 and whilst it loads OK (Upload->Browse->Restore) and says all is good nothing appears in the table of IP Bind List.

Initially I assumed I'd got the format slightly wrong, but if I create a couple of bindings direct in the 2862 GUI, save it (Backup) and delete those bindings and then try to restore that backup file, again it says all is good but also nothing then appears in the table of IP Bind List.

Is the functionality broken?

Running 3.8.6_BT firmware, which I know is now a version behind but I'm still in my first 10 days with fibre so trying to avoid too many reboots/line drops so not to be penalised by the DSLAM algorithims.

Thanks, David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2018 12:49 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Cannot load Mac->IP Bindings
Make sure there are no special characters in the Bind list, apostrophes could potentially cause what you're describing.
Loading a Bind IP to MAC list that way avoids the validation that the text entry would usually apply.

Possibly try making a couple of test entries with the text from the list you're loading to see if it accepts the characters used?

Forum Administrator

• happychap
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2018 14:04 #3 by happychap
Replied by happychap on topic Re: Cannot load Mac->IP Bindings
Thanks for the reply - yes, I did think that, which is why I tried testing it by backing up some entries I made through the 2682's GUI (and where accepted) and then trying to reload them and that didn't work either. So in doing this test, I eliminated any errors I had created in the file.

As I say, even that wouldn't load (or at least it appeared to load without error) but there were no entries in the Bind List.