Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862 USB Printer reboot loop

• calx
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2018 12:21 #1 by calx
Just set up this router. Really impressed with performance but when I try to connect my Epson XP-612 the router via USB, the router just keeps rebooting.

Printer works fine on Wifi.

Wondering if this is a case of my printer isn't supported for USB, or if there is some setting somewhere which I need to change.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Calx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spectrum-insight
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jul 2018 16:49 #2 by spectrum-insight
Replied by spectrum-insight on topic Re: Vigor 2862 USB Printer reboot loop
FWIIW I have the same problem with a tested printer make/ model (Canon ip6700D which is used as a photo printer - was a networked photo printer!) and have raised a support ticket. I could use it with 3.8.7_BT but not the later firmware.
Best regards
KE

More
17 Jul 2018 17:16 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 2862 USB Printer reboot loop
This any help?

https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-miscellaneous/miscellaneous.application/how-to-use-bonjour-on-vigor-router/

• spectrum-insight
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jul 2018 23:37 #4 by spectrum-insight
Replied by spectrum-insight on topic Re: Vigor 2862 USB Printer reboot loop
Hi Piste Basher - Thanks for the post but I don't think it helps (sorry) as I'm not trying to use Bonjour. The loop is caused when the USB connection is plugged in. The Draytek instructions state that this should be self configuring (support email included screen shots which are the same settings as I have). It all worked on 3.8.7_BT (as I received the router). I upgraded to the latest software and the router refused to boot with the printer connected (lights flash in a repeating sequence as if its trying to reboot but "something" stops it from completing).
Best
KE