5G Wifi unstable in 3.8.6

• nrms
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jan 2018 13:44 #1 by nrms
5G Wifi unstable in 3.8.6 was created by nrms
Since upgrading my Vigor 2860ac to the latest firmware I have noticed that the 5G wifi signal stops being transmitted after 3-4 days and the router needs to be cold restarted before the signal transmits again. Anyone else having similar problems? Have returned to 3.8.5.1 which I was using before and had over 900 hours of stable uptime.

NigelS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2018 15:35 #2 by john_m_craig
Replied by john_m_craig on topic Re: 5G Wifi unstable in 3.8.6
I think there might be a bigger problem with 3.8.6

I just bought a brand new Vigor2862n that came with 3.8.6 and could not connect it to either of two broadband services.

I was pulling my hair out then decided to upgrade to 3.8.7 and it connected first time and (so far) has remained stable.

I suspect that, at least, v 3.8.6 has a number of known bugs and should not have been released.

If I had upgraded from 3.8.5 to 3.8.6 my router would have failed to log back into my ISP and I would never have known why.

I have a number of these routers at my customers' sites and am now nervous about what lies ahead should I ever decide to upgrade them.

• macximum
  • User
  • User
More
31 Jan 2018 19:55 #3 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: 5G Wifi unstable in 3.8.6
Have a read of this thread, not much help I'm afraid but appears as though I am experiencing similar issues...

https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22011