Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820N best 3G dongle?

• brenning
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2018 09:55 #1 by brenning
Draytek 2820N best 3G dongle? was created by brenning
Hi All,

I have a Draytek 2820N running the latest firmware and I'm attempting to use it with a ZTE MF112 HSPA dongle on Three in the UK with limited success. The dongle works fine for around 12 -24 hours but then seems to crash / stop responding and the only way to get any lights back on it or anything is to physically un plug it from the USB port and plug it back in, or power cycle the Draytek (rebooting has no effect).

With this in mind I'm looking to try a different dongle. Can anyone recommend a reliable dongle? I can see there's quite a big list of compatible dongles on the Draytek website for the 2820N but don't want to purchase something else only to have a similar issue, hence asking for other peoples experience.

Brenning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2018 09:58 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Draytek 2820N best 3G dongle?
that's a very old model so the supported dongles might be hard to find so I'd justy grab whatever you can find.

Forum Administrator

• brenning
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2018 10:22 #3 by brenning
Replied by brenning on topic Re: Draytek 2820N best 3G dongle?

admin wrote: that's a very old model so the supported dongles might be hard to find so I'd justy grab whatever you can find.

Thanks for the reply. That's an option but i'm trying to avoid purchasing another dongle only to find that one is unreliable too, hence i was hoping there might be some users out there who could offer their experiences with different dongles. Makes sense to use the 2820 router as I already have it available / not in use, and to be honest from my experience they are exceptionally reliable routers, though I've never tried them with a 3g dongle before.

More
08 Mar 2018 11:18 #4 by alumet
Replied by alumet on topic Re: Draytek 2820N best 3G dongle?
We've had fairly good speed and reliability from the huawei e353wu-1 we got from Three. Worked in 2820 models and also 2760, and I think 2830 and 2860