DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cant access QNAP Box unless I restart my P2261 Switch?

• eveares
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Feb 2018 23:48 #1 by eveares
So I have often had little network issues what seem to resolve them selves when I restart my P2261 PoE switch.

I recently got a new QNAP NAS box and all was working fine, and often I find I can't access it via it's DNS name unless I restart my P2261 switch.

i.e. \\QNAP fails to work in the windows explorer (Not Internet explorer) unless I restart my P2261 Switch. Direct IP access does not seem to be an issue from what I can tell.

I have also had similar issues in the past with my old Asustor NAS box where SMB transfer speeds suddenly improve after also restarting my P2261 switch.

What could be causing these strange issues, I never seem to have an issue accessing my Windows 2016 rack server what is also a DNS server for mt AD domain; mind you that is not a Linux based OS.

My QNAP NAS box is set up with 802.3ad link aggregation with LACP set up accordingly in the P2261 for the corresponding ports that my QNAP box is plugged into.

Can anyone think of any settings I may have inadvertently set in the P2261 that may be causing my issues.
I do also have the "local master browser" for SMB enabled on my QNAP box.

Regards: Elliott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.