2862ac Random Reboots

• markdeacon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Feb 2018 16:02 #1 by markdeacon
2862ac Random Reboots was created by markdeacon
Anyone else getting random reboots on 2862ac running latest firmware on website 3.8.7? Noticed a few times now when under a bit of load for example with a download going the 2862ac decides to reboot randomly.

Last night I hit update all apps on my iPhone and it rebooted.

Devices on network:

Wired:

Lan port 1:
Netgear 8 port gigabit switch (unmanaged)
Sonos Playbar (with 2 surrounds Sonos One's connected using SonosNet wireless)
Philips Hue Bridge
Fire TV
LG TV
Xbox One X

Lan port 2:

TP Link powerline adaptor with TP link AP on other end

Wi-Fi (either connected to Draytek WiFi or TP link AP)
2 x Amazon Echo
Logitech Harmony Hub
Amazon Fire Stick
Xbox One
LG TV
2 x iPhone
1 x Mac
1 x Windows PC (WiFi)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2018 09:12 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2862ac Random Reboots
Mine decided to reboot after an hour or so on a Skype call. Not as bad as my 2925 which would simply "seize" with all lights apparently showing fine but no LAN connections at all......only a reboot would cure that.

• markdeacon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Feb 2018 16:34 #3 by markdeacon
Replied by markdeacon on topic Re: 2862ac Random Reboots
It's annoying to say the least, I went with DrayTek for my home router as I support several clients with FTTC connections and Draytek modem/firewalls and assumed the latest model would build on the 2860 reliability.

Hopefully it's just a firmware update or two away from being rock solid like many of the 2860s I know. I logged into one today that has over 6500 hours uptime!

More
14 Feb 2018 13:46 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2862ac Random Reboots

Piste Basher wrote: Mine decided to reboot after an hour or so on a Skype call. Not as bad as my 2925 which would simply "seize" with all lights apparently showing fine but no LAN connections at all......only a reboot would cure that.

If you see issues like this, it would be very helpful if you could contact the support team with details of what lead up to the router locking / restarting. If the router restarts it will typically record what lead to it, to aid with fixing the issue in firmware.

Forum Administrator

More
14 Feb 2018 18:28 #5 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2862ac Random Reboots
Next time it does it I shall do so. Where does the router record such data?

• markdeacon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Feb 2018 01:11 #6 by markdeacon
Replied by markdeacon on topic Re: 2862ac Random Reboots
I have just raised a support request so hopefully they can point me in the right direction to find the correct logs and identify the cause. It could be a compatibility issue with something on my network but I haven't had a problem with previous routers.

From a quick google before posting I read quite a few issues with Sonos & Draytek but they are mostly a couple of years old and I would have though that it was all fixed a long time ago.

I have sysloging to USB enabled but it doesn't record anything unusual prior to the reboot. Just stops logging and then when it reboots changes the time back to January 1st until NTP kicks in.