• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Feb 2018 13:50 #1 by tony_horizon
Vigor 3900 and BT FTTP was created by tony_horizon
Hello,

I hope somebody can help.

We are using a Vigor 3900 and 3 Vigor 120s which connect to BT ADSL via PPPoE on the 3900 (We have 3 lines load balancing because our broadband speed is so slow).

BT have now fitted FTTP which is great for us at our building, but I am struggling to get it to work alongside the 3900.

Do I need to buy Vigor 130 and get my Username / Password from BT and connect via PPPoE - or is there a way to directly link the HomeHub BT have given me to the 3900 (ie let BTs equipment do the 'dialling out').

Any pointers are very much appreciated.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2018 16:36 #2 by andew
Replied by andew on topic Re: Vigor 3900 and BT FTTP
You should be able to connect the FTTP directly into one of the wan ports on the 3900. You will need to configure the 3900 to use PPPOE, you will need to get username/password from BT. I did a similar thing in the past with a FTTC and FTTP connections on a 2860.

• tony_horizon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Feb 2018 16:43 #3 by tony_horizon
Replied by tony_horizon on topic Re: Vigor 3900 and BT FTTP

andew wrote: You should be able to connect the FTTP directly into one of the wan ports on the 3900. You will need to configure the 3900 to use PPPOE, you will need to get username/password from BT. I did a similar thing in the past with a FTTC and FTTP connections on a 2860.

Thanks for that - quite embarrassing really but I had somehow managed to overlook the large white FTTP Modem / ONT that they had attached to the wall, I was assuming the SmartHub / HomeHub was acting as the Modem so was focusing on that :roll: :roll:

So yeah, rung BT for the Username / Password, launched the SmartHub and we are up and running!

Thanks again.