How To Wifi....

• roy.p
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Feb 2018 21:06 #1 by roy.p
How To Wifi.... was created by roy.p
Just purchased a 2862 & 910c AP, plan to get another 910c AP in the future.

Both come with 2.4 & 5gh wireless LAN's ( so I have 2 x 2.4 & 2 x 5gh LAN's?)

I called all the SSID names the same, and all the wifi access passwords the same, but if a device moves from one access point to another it needs to log in again to the wifi.

I think I understand the basics, each wifi has its own MAC / ID, so how do I set it up so that when you log into the wifi on one AP you will automatically get access when you move to another?

Any help or keywords appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2018 08:21 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: How To Wifi....
That shouldn't be happening (at least with my 2xAP902 and 1xAP900 with 2862ac it doesn't). I'd check that your devices are set to login to a specific SSD automatically.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
24 Feb 2018 12:46 #3 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: How To Wifi....
I have "home" and "home-5g" defined as my two SSIDs in the wifi management part of my 2925 and then push the profiles to the APs (and optionally to the local device itself). All my devices then seem to connect to the nearest/strongest signal.

I can quite happily use my mobile with wifi calling around the house and call doesn't drop, implying it is roaming between APs.

In reality I have the wifi on the 2925 just providing a guest SSID (as I am struggling to configure the vlan stuff - my smart POE switch then gets in the way!)