Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862 FW: 3.8.8

• markdeacon
  • User
  • User
More
11 Mar 2018 18:48 #7 by markdeacon
Replied by markdeacon on topic Re: Vigor 2862 FW: 3.8.8
My times are still ok, but it still randomly reboots so that issue isn't fixed :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2018 09:32 #8 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 2862 FW: 3.8.8

markdeacon wrote: My times are still ok, but it still randomly reboots so that issue isn't fixed :(

That's very unfortunate, are you in contact with the support team about your reboot problems?
It's difficult that the dbg log information doesn't show anything useful but it's still possible for the support team to troubleshoot / diagnose problems without that.

Forum Administrator

• the-gog
  • User
  • User
More
13 Mar 2018 19:27 #9 by the-gog
Replied by the-gog on topic Re: Vigor 2862 FW: 3.8.8
I'm now getting disconnections every few hours. I'm on an 80/20 on a Huawei cab, and despite approx 380m of copper between me and it, I'm still getting sync speeds in the very high 70s on 3dB SNR - it's the DLM that's given me that.

My line dropped shortly before 6pm, and it's just sat there training, and now can't sync.

• markdeacon
  • User
  • User
More
13 Mar 2018 23:55 #10 by markdeacon
Replied by markdeacon on topic Re: Vigor 2862 FW: 3.8.8

admin3 wrote:

markdeacon wrote: My times are still ok, but it still randomly reboots so that issue isn't fixed :(

That's very unfortunate, are you in contact with the support team about your reboot problems?
It's difficult that the dbg log information doesn't show anything useful but it's still possible for the support team to troubleshoot / diagnose problems without that.

I have reopened my service request and am currently waiting for a response. Unfortunately it seems to take around 3 days for a reply that is usually just a request for more information. On my first request I sent sys logs which covered the time before and after one of the reboots, a screenshot of the empty sys ver dbg and have given them remote access.

I really need it to be more reliable than this, even though I’m using it as a personal router there has been several reboots some evenings which is unacceptable.

Going by some of the threads in recent months it seems a handful of people also get a similar issue with their 2860s but doesn’t look like many people on here have 2862s.

• the-gog
  • User
  • User
More
14 Mar 2018 12:51 #11 by the-gog
Replied by the-gog on topic Re: Vigor 2862 FW: 3.8.8
By the looks of it, I'm still disconnected. It came back up late last night. By this morning it was down again. It managed to reconnect after 3mins of training, but it only stayed connected for less than a minute. Since then it's not regained sync.

I'll try downgrading to the previous 3.8.7_BT firmware when I get home.

Edit: downgraded, but made no difference. The curious thing is if I set the DSL Type to Auto, DSL Status page shows that it's trying to connect as ADSL2/2+ and not VDSL2. Timico ran a line test, which reported no problems, except a fault on my modem. It's now with Draytek support.