DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Error message when setting Port Redirection entry

• blood1000
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2018 12:21 #1 by blood1000
Hello

I am trying to set up a NAT > Port Redirection entry on a Draytek Vigor 2860 router.

I have other entries successfully configured.

I wish to configure a new entry to redirect port 21 traffic. When I set this up and click OK the web interface displays an aror message.

Redirection:
https://ibb.co/dH0GLH

Does anyone know which management webpages it is referring to, please?

[Edit]
Removed [img] tags as they don't seem to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
16 Mar 2018 13:41 #2 by hornbyp
Port 21 - being used by FTP - is already in use by the Router. If you look in System Maintenance -> Management, you can tell the router to use a different port.

Incidentally, you don't look like you're actually redirecting a port (i.e. you're using the same port no. inside as outside). In this case, setting an "Open Port" might be more appropriate. (If you're using port 21 for FTP, you'll probably need to allow port 20 as well)

• blood1000
  • Topic Author
More
20 Mar 2018 15:06 #3 by blood1000

hornbyp wrote: Port 21 - being used by FTP - is already in use by the Router. If you look in System Maintenance -> Management, you can tell the router to use a different port.

Incidentally, you don't look like you're actually redirecting a port (i.e. you're using the same port no. inside as outside). In this case, setting an "Open Port" might be more appropriate. (If you're using port 21 for FTP, you'll probably need to allow port 20 as well)

Thank you for replying. I changed the FTP port number on the Management page which solved the issue. All our redirects are via NAT and it's easier for me to have them in the same place.