• therealbraderz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Mar 2018 20:29 #1 by therealbraderz
IPv6 bandwidth control was created by therealbraderz
Hi,

Today I upgraded to the latest firmware for the v2925 and noticed that the bandwidth control feature now has separate tabs for ipv4 and v6. However the only ways I can get the limit to work on ipv6 traffic is either by adding a full ipv6 address or by using the default limit. This isn't much use to me as the prefix is dynamically allocated by my ISP and therefore once it changes none of the IPs are valid any more.

It does allow me to input just the 64bit part of the address both in the bandwidth section and by creating an object but it does not actually work when I test it.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I have disabled the privacy extensions in windows so I am sure that the addresses are correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• therealbraderz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2018 00:01 #2 by therealbraderz
Replied by therealbraderz on topic Re: IPv6 bandwidth control
I seem to have solved my own query.

It works if in the ipv6 object "invert selection" is selected.

Strange logic as when using objects for firewall purposes, invert means the rule applies to all IPs except the one specified.

It seems that if you use an object for bandwidth limiting it is the opposite way round.

• therealbraderz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2018 03:14 #3 by therealbraderz
Replied by therealbraderz on topic Re: IPv6 bandwidth control
I am just going to post my findings with this feature.

If in the ipv4 limiting I specify an ip which is to have no limit and have a default limit set for ips not in the list then then the one I specified continues to have no limit, as expected.

In ipv6 the default limit takes effect even on an ip that is specified to have no limit.