• genieuk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2018 09:24 #1 by genieuk
Xdsl Link Times ? was created by genieuk
Hi,

I own a Vigor 130 modem connected to asus rt-ac86u router.

Via the web console if i type vdsl status one of the things i see is 'Xdsl Link Times'. Can someone please explain what this actually means? all i see on Draytek support page is "Xdsl Link Times: Number of times that the DSL interface has reconnected since last power cycle" but not sure still if thats bad or means something is wrong, my Xdsl reset times is 0 but Xdsl Link Times shows 5. Is that bad or mean something wrong? it always use to be 0. I will mention that just over a week ago i upgraded my standard fibre to faster fibre.

Does it mean a possible problem with the cable between modem and bt socket or the socket itself perhaps?

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• genieuk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2018 18:39 #2 by genieuk
Replied by genieuk on topic Re: Xdsl Link Times ?
anyone please? thank you.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
30 Mar 2018 06:30 #3 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Xdsl Link Times ?
I don't think it is anything to worry about. The count on my Vigor 130 was 7 yesterday , I just upgraded to the latest firmware and the count is now at 2.

I checked on my ISP dashboard and there have been no drops of connection or session.

• genieuk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Mar 2018 08:58 #4 by genieuk
Replied by genieuk on topic Re: Xdsl Link Times ?
Thanks for replying. My router does not show it lost connectivity so it seems fine that way but it always used to be 0 before so it's confused me, i did upgrade firmware yesterday but these 5 counts were there before i upgraded. This morning it is at 2, it was 1 all day yesterday even after firmware upgrade.

I am hoping someone senior could answer if anyone about, these forums seems pretty much dead to be honest.

Thank you.