DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Compatible 4G Dongle that allows SIP & Port Forwarding.

• trevorg
  • Topic Author
More
01 Apr 2018 17:51 #1 by trevorg
Hello,

I have a Draytek 2860 and a Huawei E3372h 4G dongle. Works fine on DHCP mode but does not allow SIP or any type of port forwarding.
Does anyone have any experience of a 4G dongle that will work with SIP and allow ports to be forwarded?

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2018 22:42 #2 by admin
I might have missed the point but the dongle itself shouldn't prevent either of those. Is it the ISP or that it's a NATTed IP address from the mobile ISP that is the problem ? This is a USB dongle? Using PPP or what ?

Forum Administrator

• trevorg
  • Topic Author
More
01 Apr 2018 23:34 #3 by trevorg
Yes it's an USB dongle and it's using DHCP mode - I don't believe it supports PPP mode - it's uses Hilink, where the dongle has it's own webui (192.168.8.1) and gives the Draytek WAN an IP (192.168.8.100) from what I can see there is no way to change any settings. The USB dongle acts likes it's own router/firewall it looks like.
ISP is a static public IP (m2m SIM) - no NAT.

More
07 Apr 2018 20:12 #4 by admin
Well, I think the problem, as you say, is that the dongle you have is acting as a router and NATTing stuff, blocking what you need... A traditional dongle wouldn';t do that but they're getting hard to get hold of, so the simplest (but most expensive!) solution is to get a Vigor2862Ln with the LTE built-in... :-(

Forum Administrator

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
13 Apr 2018 16:27 #5 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Compatible 4G Dongle that allows SIP & Port Forwarding.
You should be able to set a DMZ to .100. That way you can access remotely, if using a SIM card that allows a Public IP, I.E. Three using the "3internet" APN.