DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Web Firmware Upgrade Fails 2860ac

• sharkbyte
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2018 19:01 #1 by sharkbyte
Web Firmware Upgrade Fails 2860ac was created by sharkbyte
After upgrading to 3.8.7. the Web Firmware Upgrade fails. In the past, I have always been able to "reflash" the firmware current version at any time. Now after latest update, this options does nothing. I checked if it was a fault on my current unit by unboxing a brand new 2860ac with older firmware on it. It allowed me to use the Web Firmware Upgrade option to take it to version 3.8.7. However, after this version has been loaded, the Web Firmware Upgrade option now fails on this new unit. I can use the "old" Firmware upgrade utility to downgrade and upgrade back to 3.8.7 - but after one single use of the 3.8.7 firmware, the Web Firmware Upgrade option on the dashboard fails regardless of the version it is reporting being used. Once I have used the 3.8.7 just once - the Web Firmware Upgrade option is useless even if I downgrade a version using the old utility. Anyone having similar issues or able to comment - would be grateful to hear from you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2018 09:43 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Web Firmware Upgrade Fails 2860ac
Which browser are you using?

I've just reflashed a Vigor 2860ac on 3.8.7 firmware using Firefox 59.0.2 over HTTPS, so it should be working? It's possible there are specific conditions that are causing it to not work - if you do find some specific conditions don't work, please report that to the support team so that it can be worked on for the next firmware release :)

Forum Administrator

• sharkbyte
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2018 18:04 #3 by sharkbyte
Replied by sharkbyte on topic Re: Web Firmware Upgrade Fails 2860ac
Always worked for me using IE - I will try another browser. Just tried Firefox and it allowed me to upgrade so issue seems confined to latest version of IE11. I was able to upgrade using IE11 on the new unboxed unit - it only failed once I had used 3.8.7. The option in the System Maintenance tab - Web Upgrade Firmware goes totally unresponsive once 3.8.7 is applied so there is something in that firmware release that does not like IE11. I know IE11 is not the preferred browser of many but it still has a significant number of users so perhaps this needs to be addressed. I have reported the issue as suggested. Thanks for the reply.