DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Port Mirroring

• c0salex
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2018 09:30 #1 by c0salex
Port Mirroring was created by c0salex
This is going to end up being a really daft question I feel, as I can't find any answers in any documentation, using mighty Google or even on this forum, which probably means I'm misunderstanding something fundamental (slightly concerning).

Why can't I set the mirror port as LAN Port 1? I have a PC at customers site with Smart Monitor ready to go, the only thing I appear to be missing is selecting port 1 to listen to all the others (just happens to be the one that the PC is plugged into, everything is running off a switch on port 2).

I'm guessing someone will need to visit the site and simply swap the cables over, but I'm genuinely curious as to what I'm missing and why it's setup this way.

Router is 2862n, but seems to be the same config options on most Draytek's from what I can see? Customer is on ADSL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• c0salex
  • Topic Author
More
16 Apr 2018 13:16 #2 by c0salex
Replied by c0salex on topic Re: Port Mirroring
*bump*

More
17 Apr 2018 14:24 #3 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Port Mirroring
It looks like you can actually select mirroring to port 1 via the CLI interface, so it's probably an element in the web interface needs updating for the 2862 series.

The command via CLI is "port sniff port p1" to set the mirroring output port to P1.

Forum Administrator

• c0salex
  • Topic Author
More
18 Apr 2018 11:52 #4 by c0salex
Replied by c0salex on topic Re: Port Mirroring
Aha, thanks for letting me know!

I ended up asking the customer to swap the relevant cable to the free port anyway.