Configure Draytek 2862ln router for automatic provisioning

• jackcrwhitney
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 Apr 2018 10:15 #1 by jackcrwhitney
Hello All,

We have recently bought 5 Draytek 2862ln router's to test with the idea that if the ACS2 portal does what we need it to, it will become our default solution for our other 40+ sites using 4G as a primary connection.

The portal is now configured and we have managed to get the router to see and connect to the portal,
I hope someone would be so kind as to answer the following questions:

1. The router shows as offline for a number of minuets and then online for say 60 seconds then repeats according to the portal. To me it seems like it's only checking in with the VigorACS2 every so often. Has anyone seen this issue before or is this expected behaviour?
2. How would we go about reducing the work required to get these devices deployed, is there any way to configure a template of settings which can be pushed out to the routers? I can see options for provisioning but there seems to be two sets "Keep" & "CPE".

So far the products seem to tick all our boxes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jackcrwhitney
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
24 May 2018 12:18 #2 by jackcrwhitney
We contacted your recommended external provider for support and we didn't even get a response,
Any help would be greatly appreciated even just pointing in the right direction.

• admin2
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
More
24 May 2018 17:53 #3 by admin2
Check the CPE is configured correctly. If it's not responding then it might not have the TR069 service enabled for remote management which is needed for the ACS server to trigger the router to phone home for out of window reporting. Without it the CPE would only appear online to ACS once every 15 minutes which fits your description.

Some setup screenshots are on:
https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-acs2-routercfg

• jackcrwhitney
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 May 2018 14:57 #4 by jackcrwhitney
Hi Admin2,

I shall take a look and report back,

Thank you for the suggestion,
Jack