DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 hanging regularly (once a day usually)

• brian_mattey
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2018 18:59 #1 by brian_mattey
2862 hanging regularly (once a day usually) was created by brian_mattey
I’ve recently installed a 2862ac on BT Infinity Business with latest (3.8.8) firmware ... and about once a day it’s hanging. Loses internet connection and can’t be accessed and has to be rebooted. Oddly though even though it’s unresponsive a scheduled reboot works and brings it back to life.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2018 09:53 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2862 hanging regularly (once a day usually)
I have the same problem - loss of all LAN connectivity, which means that I don't know if it still has an internet connection or not, but (touch wood) not every 24 hours. The last episode followed an up time of about 6 days. I had a 2925 which started doing this, which is why I changed to the 2862ac.....

• brian_mattey
  • Topic Author
More
01 May 2018 19:47 #3 by brian_mattey
Replied by brian_mattey on topic Re: 2862 hanging regularly (once a day usually)
I’ve got a BQM running from thinkbroadband.com so I can see that when it hangs it stops accepting pings ... so it loses LAN and WAN at the same time.

More
02 May 2018 09:07 #4 by admin3
It's not typical for the router to get into a lock state - the router should detect that it's unresponsive and restart itself if such a thing occurs (firmware / compatibility issue). Could you get in contact with support so that they can help to diagnose what might be happening? Especially if you've found that certain conditions / actions cause this to occur.

Forum Administrator

• mucka
  • User
  • User
More
18 May 2018 11:28 #5 by mucka
I have the same issue with a 2860, I have wireless and Lan, The lan drops so I cant access the router but I can access a server in the same subnet.

The wireless works still and has internet access so its only the lan that drops