• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2018 14:47 #1 by grubby66
Disable HTTPS management? was created by grubby66
Vigor2860n - FW: 3.8.6_BT

Hi there,

Bit of a noob question but I'm trying to change the default gateway of a mailserver. I've done all my off-site work - MX/filters etc., and now I need to configure the port redirection on this new 2860 router. One of the rules is HTTPS. On my old router this is 443 to 443 pointing at 10.14.0.2 - if I try to replicate the same rule on the new 2860 I get 'Your port configurations here have collided with the port configurations in the Management webpages. Do you wish to proceed?' Web management on the old router is only allowed by HTTP and on the 2860 I'm not able (or can't see) where to switch it off.

I can change the HTTPS management port to 9000 say, and then the new rule is enabled - the problem then being that I can't open my webmail from outside my LAN as it's HTTPS://webmail.mycompany.etc

My only thought now is to remove this 'new' or 'copied from old router' port redirection for HTTPS and just leave it as 443 in the System Maintenance/Management section...

Any ideas very much appreciated!

Grubbs

EDIT...
No I can't just leave HTTPS as 443 in the management section as it won't know where to route the traffic to...

EDIT MkII
Have disabled HTTPS in System Maintenance >> Management >> LAN Access Setup - only HTTP left so will see how this goes - have been told that this can be done much more easily on a 2960 - anyone have any experience?

No dice... All I'm trying to say is 'If traffic comes into router:443 rediredt it to 10.0.0.1:443' - Should it be this difficult?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2018 09:10 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Disable HTTPS management?
The router has two services that listen for TCP 443 - one is the HTTPS management interface, the other is the [SSL VPN] server's interface - that can be changed from [SSL VPN] > [General Setup]

Your port forwards should work once both have been changed.

Forum Administrator

• grubby66
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 May 2018 10:43 #3 by grubby66
Replied by grubby66 on topic Re: Disable HTTPS management?
Many thanks for your response - will give it a try this evening.

Cheers!

• grubby66
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 May 2018 16:31 #4 by grubby66
Replied by grubby66 on topic Re: Disable HTTPS management?
Nope - didn't work I'm afraid. Set SSL port to 8443 but have switched off that functionality in any case. Back to the drawing board...

More
08 May 2018 09:23 #5 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Disable HTTPS management?
That's a shame, if that's still not working then I recommend contacting the support team, they should be able to assist with troubleshooting.

The only other thing I can think of is that the mailserver needs to be using the router as its default gateway for the port forwarding to work, but it looks like you've set that.

Forum Administrator