Vigor 2862 Remote Access Issue

• jeremya
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
17 May 2018 14:00 #1 by jeremya
Vigor 2862 Remote Access Issue was created by jeremya
I have an issue where I cannot get open ports working or even get remote admin access. I have changed the admin port to xxxx and set up DDNS with a host which is updating fine. There is a difference between the WAN IP address is and the internet address (as reported by whatsmyip). Both these are correctly updated in DDNS depending on the option set in the DDNS setup.

Trying <mydnshost>:xxxx, <wanipaddress>:xxxx or< internetipaddress>:xxxx does not bring me to the admin page when trying from a remote location,

I also have setup an open port to an internal device on port 80. This does not work either with any of the above host or IP addresses.

I have setup a couple of data filters to allow all WAN traffic in and out but that has had no effect. I don't think the traffic is hitting the router as I cannot see anything in the firewall syslog that suggests anything is being blocked and doing a firewall diagnostic says the traffic is not be handled by the firewall.

I've never had to change the firewall settings for admin access or open ports before so think there may be a different problem.

The property has a Hyperoptic broadband service not that that should make any difference.

Any thoughts and thanks very much in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.