DHCP server responds only on p1

• bluefin2105
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 May 2018 23:35 #1 by bluefin2105
DHCP server responds only on p1 was created by bluefin2105
I've just upgraded from a Vigor 2820n to a 2860 (F/W 3.8.7_BT), having backed up the config on the 2820n and restored on the 2860. It appears that the builtin DHCP server only responds to DHCP DISCOVERs on ethernet p1 (i.e. not on other ethernet ports), but (as far as I can tell) everything else works as expected. I have no VLANs etc., it's a relatively basic config I would guess. So I'm a bit stumped as to why it doesn't respond to these DISCOVERs. I assume that there's a config setting somewhere that needs fixing, but I certainly can't see anything obvious. Has anyone any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anaglypta
  • User
  • User
More
18 May 2018 11:17 #2 by anaglypta
Replied by anaglypta on topic Re: DHCP server responds only on p1
I had quite a few issues when I imported my settings from a 2820Vn to my 2860Vac. I know it is supposed to work, but I got a few wierd errors when going through the menus on the 2860.

Only thing I can suggest is to re populate the DHCP settings in the LAN > GENERAL > DETAILS PAGE. Click OK then reboot the router.

John.

• roy.p
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2018 10:55 #3 by roy.p
Replied by roy.p on topic Re: DHCP server responds only on p1
FYI,

I have an open support ticket with DrayTek due to my Synology media centre not being visible when I use DHCP, If I set the media centre to fixed IP then all is working fine.. :shock: the advice so far is to leave the IP fixed whilst software are looking into this issue.

I have a new Vigor 2862, I only imported the MAC / IP settings from my Vigor 2860.

Roy