2860vac slow VDSL

• hsclater
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2018 10:09 #1 by hsclater
2860vac slow VDSL was created by hsclater
So when I changed from ADSL to VDSL (previously with the Draytek on ADSL with no issues), initially the Draytek would only sync at about 10mbps. The Thomson router provided by plusnet achieved a solid 66mbps.
So I left the Draytek off for a few months, updated to the latest firmware a few days ago and reinstated it. Now it is also synced at 66mbps, but speed tests are very variable, ping is all over the place, packets are dropped, and web is slow.
Speedtest often starts fast and then slows down, currently speedtest.net shows 8.6-mbps down and 18mbps up, so clearly something is wrong. Using the plusnet router gives a consistent 60mbps down.
I am about 10 yards from the BT cabinet.
Can anyone tell me what the issue is? Currently unusable as a VDSL router. Pics attached.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2018 11:45 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: 2860vac slow VDSL
The line length can be much longer than your proximity to the cabinet which can be confusing but with line stats like that I would expect a connection of 80/20.

Clearly your download speed should be @66 Mbps.

You could try the alternative firmwares in this folder >> https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-2762/older-firmware/firmware-387

Vector 3 or Vector4 may be worth trying .

• hsclater
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2018 19:44 #3 by hsclater
Replied by hsclater on topic Re: 2860vac slow VDSL
OK thanks...
When it was first connected I got a solid 79mbps, but then it dropped off, and using the plusnet router it never goes over 66mbps.
Is there are guide to what the line stat figures mean? What is good, and could I have a line issue?