3.8.8.2 Incorrect Annex on 2830 SB Firmware

• lightpathit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 May 2018 15:25 #1 by lightpathit
3.8.8.2 Incorrect Annex on 2830 SB Firmware was created by lightpathit
As per the title I have just installed the latest firmware on one of our customers 2830 routers, but when I installed it I got an annex B modem code. This resulted in our router not reconnecting to the internet. This wasn't especially helpful since I was upgrading the critical vulnerability on all of our customers routers remotely. It is more a warning for others and also hopefully for someone at Draytek to look into it. The file I downloaded was http://www.draytek.com.tw/ftp/Vigor2830/Firmware/v3.8.8.2/Single%20Band/annexA/Vigor2830_SB_A_v3.8.8.2_232201.zip. i tried various files in the end in the hope they would work, but all were wrong. I then had to revert to a previous firmware version with the security issue still in place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2018 17:04 #2 by admin
You downloaded from the HQ/Asian site. Download from the UK site once UK specific firmware is provided there as it will be checked/tested for UK.

Forum Administrator

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
21 May 2018 17:45 #3 by hornbyp

admin wrote: You downloaded from the HQ/Asian site. Download from the UK site once UK specific firmware is provided there as it will be checked/tested for UK.

It does actually say "recommended for UK/SEG", but they've obviously got the versions a bit muddled up.

I've just taken my life in my hands and updated my remote 2830n. I don't use ADSL, so the fact that I got "246302" is of no consequence to me - so far, everything else appears to be functioning OK.

• lightpathit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 May 2018 19:16 #4 by lightpathit
Replied by lightpathit on topic Re: 3.8.8.2 Incorrect Annex on 2830 SB Firmware
Appreciate the support in this matter admin. No thanks are needed for reporting the issue. I'm sure I'll be the only one who ends up doing it.

More
21 May 2018 19:21 #5 by admin

hornbyp wrote:
It does actually say "recommended for UK/SEG", but they've obviously got the versions a bit muddled up.

Yes, I guess so. It's probably why the UK site doesn't have 2830sb on it yet - in the advisory list it's shown as 'coming soon'.

Forum Administrator

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
23 May 2018 14:00 #6 by hornbyp
V3.8.8.2 has now appeared on the UK Download site , for both the Single & Dual Band 2830s. It now has the correct Modem Code :wink: