2860 with talktalk home vdsl not auto connecting

• nevertotality
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 May 2018 13:46 #1 by nevertotality
Hi,
Followed the setup guide. all synced ok no problems but it only connects (gives me an IP address) when i click on 'renew' on wan1 in the online status>physical connection page

ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2018 15:09 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2860 with talktalk home vdsl not auto connecting
Are you trying to use PPPoE or Dynamic IP (see this tale of woe https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/VDSL-own-Modem-Router-issue-TalkTalk-VDSL-Settings-are-wrong/td-p/2020865) ?

Maybe there's confusion because TalkTalk seem to use PPPoE for their business fibre (fixed IP?) but Dynamic IP for their home fibre?

• nevertotality
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 May 2018 16:34 #3 by nevertotality
Replied by nevertotality on topic Re: 2860 with talktalk home vdsl not auto connecting
its a home connection so im following exatly the home talktalk setup using MPoA/Static Dynamic setting rather than ppoe/a. The connection connects immediately once I initiate it.

Also ive just noticed that it is dropping the connection every 15 minutes

im using 3.8.8 and ive tried the BT firmware (first choice) and now vector 4. both the same result. dropping every 15 minutes.

frustrating

TalkTalk support laughably pathetic and incompetent.

• nevertotality
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 May 2018 18:24 #4 by nevertotality
Replied by nevertotality on topic Re: 2860 with talktalk home vdsl not auto connecting
Just to keep you updated, ive tried firmware 3.8.8 bt, vt4, vt3, vt2, vt1 and vt3 seems to work ..

its now auto connecting rather than requiring me to click 'renew' and is still alive after 15 minutes (i think)