Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

NAT for internal interfaces

• spellbinder
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jun 2018 20:11 #1 by spellbinder
NAT for internal interfaces was created by spellbinder
Hello All! :)

We have a V2862 and I need to connect one of our devices to the building's BMS system, however this requires NAT as I am using an intermediary gateway (building's) to reach that BMS IP. I have my switch on port 1, the building's uplink on port 2, port WAN is being used for the broadband. So I have configured a route to reach the BMS network through the building's network configured on port 2, I went to the policy route menu and thought I would be able to create a custom route and force NAT but I cannot, I can only do this if I select a WAN outgoing interface..

Is there a way of doing this? :(

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2018 14:25 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: NAT for internal interfaces
A static route passes over the LAN - it does not go through the routing/firewall features as far as I know...BUT someone might correct me on this :-)

Forum Administrator

• spellbinder
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2018 16:52 #3 by spellbinder
Replied by spellbinder on topic Re: NAT for internal interfaces
Hi admin :)

Thanks for your reply, I thought it would be possible to do NAT on LAN interfaces with a Draytek router (like on others). It is sometimes required when you have another network you want to reach over which you don't have control and you need to do NAT out of the LAN interface otherwise the packet doesn't know how to get back.. I hope there is a way of doing it with a Draytek