• dazza1234
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jun 2018 12:42 #1 by dazza1234
Block ipv6 Lan side was created by dazza1234
Hi,

I'm looking for help blocking IPV6 from my lan side as some devices insist on submitting the same address in IPV6 and IPV4 at the sametime to the outside world! There is no setting in the Apple TV to change this i have turned off IPV6 on the router and Block routing connections initiated from WAN IPV6 is enabled. Just want all my local networks devices just to only send out IPV4. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2018 15:17 #2 by gdawes
Replied by gdawes on topic Re: Block ipv6 Lan side
I have a few filters in place.
Also have an apple tv causing an issue, netflix etc not linking tunnelbroker ipv6.

What I have is 3 filters.
I create some groups. Ipv6 allow , ipv6 not allowed in the objects and groups sections with the MAC addresses of hosts I want to allow or block.

Then allow ipv6 for allowed hosts as a firewall rule allow immediate.
Then next rule blocks all ipv6

My solution does seem to cause a performance hit on IOS and apple devices where you cant set any network order preferences.
Ideally I would like to set ipv4 as my preferred network on the draytek, and set ipv6 to 2nd in the order.
I only have 2 or 3 hosts on my LAN network that need and want ipv6.

I have seen ways to force ipv4 to be the preferred network using preference lists
eg https://community.rackspace.com/products/f/public-cloud-forum/5110/how-to-prefer-ipv4-over-ipv6-in-ubuntu-and-centos

But am not sure if I can do this from the router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.