DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SOLVED: 2762ac, 2.8.8.2BT firmware, DMZ not working

• ceejay13
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2018 08:49 #1 by ceejay13
Hi,

I hoping that someone can point out what I might be doing wrong here. Any help would be much appreciated!

Having just purchased a 2762ac Router and updated the firmware to 3.8.8.2 BT (Plusnet connection). I have been struggling to set up the DMZ, this is after selecting the DMZ Hosts screen and set up the Private IP. However, it doesn't work. I have tried this after both an ALL and RST firmware update.

Access from the LAN needs configuring for the domain names, but LAN IP access works.

When accessing the WAN IP from the Internet. Initially, with 'Allow management from the Internet' disabled (first thing I tick), I can only get the Vigor login page for the router, so I changed the 'Management Port Setup' to use a different port. The modified port is working when I address the Router directly from the LAN, but when I try to access my IP address from the WAN, I still get the Vigor login page (Port 80), albeit as an unsecure connection as expected, but not worried about that at the moment.

This does work on the 2920 I am replacing so we can eliminate the connection. (I am having to revert back to using the 2920 with it's lower throughput until I get this working.)

TIA,
Colin

CeeJay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ceejay13
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2018 08:43 #2 by ceejay13
Solved.

After many hours of 'playing around' I suddenly realised the 2920 does not have SSL, the 2762 does. (This was something I was going to check out once I had the basic system working.)

I moved the all of the ports for managing the router to something else and my web server started serving pages correctly.

CeeJay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.