DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862LAC - 5Ghz Passwords Not Retained.

• sheltons
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2018 16:05 #1 by sheltons
Had a search and can't find anything on this.

Recently got a 2862LAC which gave us 5Ghz ability, so I set both 2.4 and 5 on which all seemed OK until If flicked the Wifi to another Wifi on my iPhone and then went back to the 5Ghz - it asked for the password again even though I had entered it, and it was working.

Tried the same on a number of iPhones/ iPads and then manged to find someone with a Samsung that used Android - Same thing.

If I disable Wifi on my phone and then re-enable, it finds the 5Ghz and doesn't ask for password.

Anyone else had this with 5Ghz?

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2018 16:35 #2 by x64
Look in the wi-fi section of this board. Several 5GHz issues there, Various symptoms.

There are also murmurings emerging about new 5Ghz issues in iOS 11.4 including various symptoms. One much attributed fault is massive battery drain.

• sheltons
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2018 16:58 #3 by sheltons

x64 wrote: Look in the wi-fi section of this board. Several 5GHz issues there, Various symptoms.

There are also murmurings emerging about new 5Ghz issues in iOS 11.4 including various symptoms. One much attributed fault is massive battery drain.

Thanks.
I put '5gh' didn't realize the Search was so implicit.

More
12 Jun 2018 17:05 #4 by x64
Also try EAPOL key retry both on and off.

There is an Apple tech article suggesting recommendations for AP settings. I’m posting from a mobile so can't dig it out for you but a search on apple support should unearth it.

• sheltons
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2018 17:24 #5 by sheltons

x64 wrote: Also try EAPOL key retry both on and off.

There is an Apple tech article suggesting recommendations for AP settings. I’m posting from a mobile so can't dig it out for you but a search on apple support should unearth it.

Thanks.
Have found the setting in Wifi/ Security and disabled it. Testing so far has stopped the repeated Password request.

Look forward to the Firmware update (currently only released on US Site).

John.

More
12 Jun 2018 21:32 #6 by x64
Great!

Just to follow up on my earlier post, the Apple article that I was referring to is

"Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points"
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202068