VigorAP 910C firmware update failure

• tobes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jun 2018 20:52 #1 by tobes
Hi,
Has anyone had any experience of recovering a VigorAP 910C after a seemingly failed firmware update?
Tried to update from 1.2.3.2 to 1.2.4 but it doesn't seem to work. Left for ages and eventually power cycled it but that's not helped.
Unable to get to the web interface though it does respond to ping - times out every 38th ping.
LED flashes orange for a while then briefly goes blue, purple then back to orange flashing again - so guess it's continually rebooting
Holding a pin in the factory rest button does not appear to work.
Are there any other ways of forcing a factory reset, re-flashing the firmware or is this unit bricked?
Thanks,
Toby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jun 2018 08:41 #2 by hopkins35
Replied by hopkins35 on topic Re: VigorAP 910C firmware update failure
Have you tried a TFTP firmware upgrade? See here https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-firmwarerecovery?return=8588385 the documentation refers to the process for a router but the page itself links from the AP910C support page so hopefully usable. Not done a TFTP upgrade with a Draytek product but it's saved me with other brands of router in the past!

FYI the upgrade to 1.2.4 took an age for me when I upgraded my 2 APs so for anyone else about to upgrade......be patient

• tobes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jun 2018 22:08 #3 by tobes
Replied by tobes on topic Re: VigorAP 910C firmware update failure
Yes, thank you... just tried the TFTP method and it does work for the AP910C also - though obviously less lights to flash to indicate your in that mode and it is somewhat tricky trying to hold a pin to the factory reset function and power on a POE powered AP that you can't find a PSU for!
But managed it and the 1.2.4 firmware flew on, it was back up and going with all my config intact in less than a minute!

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jun 2018 20:08 #4 by hopkins35
Replied by hopkins35 on topic Re: VigorAP 910C firmware update failure
Glad it worked for you :)