DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Inbound firewall rules for routed public subnet

More
28 Jul 2018 09:23 #7 by teasdale
Hi,

I've just reinstalled 3.8.8 and can confirm all of my firewall issues go away. Guess I'll be avoiding 3.8.9.1 for a bit!

- Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 17:48 #8 by teasdale
Hi,

Just as an update, support sent me 3.8.9.2 - still the same issue :(

- Jim

• x64
  • Topic Author
More
03 Aug 2018 19:55 #9 by x64
Which is interesting, based on the release notes for 3.8.9.2 (on the international website, where 3.8.9.2 is official) it has some kind of fix in that area....

For the past week and a bit I've been running a release candidate of a version, in theory 'numerically superior' to 3.8.9.2. I've not seen the release notes for that version, and it was presented to me to resolve Wi-Fi issues (It didn't - well not the ones I had anyhow!). Nor did it fix the firewall issue, nat loopback (well arguably two nat loopback issues), and USB syslog that needs 'a kick' to restart it after each reboot, and did not improve VDSL negotiation speed (still worse than my Zyxel).

I feel like I'm running up a down escalator (and losing). Soon I'll need more than the 3000 character post limit just to list the issues I'm accruing!. Oh and that release candidate version introduced an extra bug of a mild syslog flood! :roll: (bug reported)

When 3.8.9.2 becomes official I'll try it as long as my config is accepted by it, and as long as support have not given me something else to try.

Was that a _BT variant of 3.8.9.2 they sent you? or the international one?

More
13 Aug 2018 07:01 #10 by teasdale
Hi,

Yes it was a BT variant one - not sure if it was before it was available on the website on or not.

After much tinkering, i've found that 3.8.9.2 does work for routed range, but not if you upgrade from a previous version:

1. Upgrade from previous version (by loading .all) - firewall rules ignored
2. Replace settings with (.rst) and recreate firewalls from scractch and the firmware works.

But,

I've now discovered that 3.8.9.2 ignores any IPv6 firewall rules I've created, leaving my entire lan open! I've fed this back to support, and not heard anything...